Biography – Benoît Dutour
Inspired notably by the new realists, Magritte’s humour or Duchamp’s conceptual work, Benoît Dutour uses a wide range of techniques and mediums to offer multiple entry points into his universe.
A multidisciplinary artist, Benoît Dutour tackles fields as varied as painting, sculpture, photography, video, neon and installation. Attracted by complex processes, he collaborates with other artists and craftsmen.
The message comes first. Benoît places technique and materials at the service of expression and the most efficient transmission of his emotions. Wishing to make his reflection accessible to the greatest number of people, he sometimes goes so far as to insert the question asked or elements of answers into his work.
Behind his offbeat plastic creations appear two universal issues that are dear to him: life and time. For example, the fragility of life is brought to light in the series “En vie de larmes”: inclusions in the shape of tears. The passage of time is tamed through the series “Traces of life”.
NUIT BLANCHE 2020 – DANSES NOCTURNES
Place Des Vosges
03.10.2020 – 20.00 pm 02.00 a.m
6-10 October 2020
Vernissage 7 October- 6:00 pm 9:30 pm
A PROPOS DE L’ARTISTE
- 2020 – Solo-show Teodora Galerie, Carré d’or Rive Droite
- 2019 – Solo-show campus JC Ferrero (No.1 mondial de tennis en 2003), in Alicante, Spain
- 2015 – Solo-show at the Etienne de Causans rue de Seine in Paris
- 2020 – Sonia Monti, Golden Triangle Right Bank
- 2019 – Series “En vie de larmes” integrated into the new Smalto Paris 8e collection, in collaboration with JL Amsler (DA)
- Exhibition at the N’Oblige gallery, rue de Bellechasse in Paris 7th district.
- Contribution to the “Amazing Panda” project in collaboration with the “Shanghai Exhibition Center” and Galeries Lafayettes in Shanghai, China
- “En vie de larmes” series exhibited in the Montsouris Park as part of Nuit Blanche 19
- 2017 – Auction of a painting for the benefit of France Kurdistan
- 2016 – Exhibition at Bryan Cave in Paris
- 2015 – “Shooting Stars” video presented at the Palais de Tokyo via “Souvenirs from Earth”.
- 2014 – Sale of 2 paintings to Drouot